DONUT - WHENUAKURA ISLAND FREEDOM HIRE
- Durée: 2 Heures (environ)
- Lieu: Whangamata, Coromandel Peninsula
- Code produit: donut_selfguided
WHENUAKURA (DONUT) ISLAND FREEDOM HIRE
TIME : 2 HOURS
Whangamata is home to the beautiful Whenuakura Island (also known as Donut Island). Because of the island’s geography, access is limited due to swell and wind conditions, and only kayaks or paddleboards can enter through the blow hole entrance. The island is one of the three included a The Wildlife Sanctuary and opens up into a beautiful pristine hidden lagoon which is rather out of this world.
Take a Freedom Hire for 2 hours and go off the coast and explore the Wild Life Santuary Whangamata Islands and Beach, to a secluded turquoise lagoon surrounded by native fauna and volcanic cliff rock.
Free your time to stop by and enjoy the hire.
- Paddleboard (SUP) or Kayak & Paddle
- Life Jacket
- Dry BagYou will be automatically upgraded to a Fully Guided Tour for extra $40 per person if weather and ocean conditions do not allow SG DI Tours.
- Customers must bring kayak back to trailer once finished
WHAT TO BRING
- Sun Block
- Bottle of water
- Swimming clothes or wetsuit (Lycra shirt is ideal)
WHERE TO MEET
Please meet at our beach reserve on Island View Road, by beach access 14, 10 minutes beforehand. Payment and disclaimer can be done at this location.
MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS FOR FREEDOM HIRES:
- Previous Kayak experience necessary
- Non-swimmers and without experience need to be guided
- You must be over 18 years old to go unaccompanied
- People with severe medical conditions should join a guided tour
- If you are scared of water or waves please think twice before booking this option as there is a chance of capsizing your kayak
You will be automatically upgraded to a Guided Tour for extra $40 per person if weather and ocean conditions don't fit the safe requirements for a Freedom hire:
- Waves: 2 - 3 feet or more
- Wind: 15 mph or more·
- Tide: Low
If you do not agree with the above terms, we will move you into one of our flat-water options:
- White Bait River to Sea
- Sunken Rock Journey
Please observe that all tours and hires are weather dependent. Conditions can change on daily and even hourly basis we request all customers to call before hand to confirm their bookings. We are not responsible for any inconvenience if tours have to be cancelled last minute due to weather conditions.
If you are looking to spend the night in Whangamata and are
looking for accommodation check out accommodation options here.